Take the look at information on the bonfires and firework displays near Ilkley for 2017. It doesn’t seem five minutes since the start of the year, but the nights are drawing in once more. Grab your gloves and scarf, light a sparkler and chomp into a toffee apple, because Bonfire Night is here again.
Bonfires and Firework Displays Near Ilkley – Map
Friday 3rd November
Ilkley Tennis Club
- Address: Stourton Rd, Ilkley LS29 9BG
- Phone: 01943 607182
- Gates open and bonfire lit at 6pm, fireworks at 7:15pm.
- Price: Free entry.
Ilkley Tennis Club opens its doors to the public for an evening of entertainment, with pie and peas on offer, alongside a beer tent, hot dog stalls and more.
Saturday 4th November
Addingham Primary School
- Address: Bolton Road, Addingham LS29 0NR
- Phone: 01943 830298
- Gates open at 5pm, bonfire lit at 5:15pm and fireworks begin at 5:45pm.
- Price: £5 adults, £3 children (3+), £4 OAP and NUS, £15 family ticket (2 adults and 3 children).
Run by the Friends of Addingham Primary School, the event raises money for the school. There will be fairground rides, bouncy castles, a barbecue and face painting amongst a host of other activities.
Ashlands Primary School
- Address: Leeds Rd, Ilkley LS29 8JY
- Phone: 01943 609050
- Gates open at 6pm.
- Price: £3 adults, £1 children.
The Friends of Ashlands host a bonfire and fireworks display, with a host of food stalls and activities. Proceeds help fund the school.
Burley Scouts and Guides Village Bonfire
- Address: 23 Peel Place, Burley-in-Wharfedale LS29 7JS
- Phone: 01943 862777
- Gates open at 6:15pm, bonfire at 7pm and fireworks at 7:30pm.
- Price: Voluntary donation.
The Burley-in-Wharfedale Scouts and Guides serve refreshments in the hut, including soft drinks, alcoholic beverages, jacket potatoes and barbecue food. There’s a raffle, which is drawn at 8pm. Organisers request that you don’t bring sparklers to the event.
Bolton Abbey Bonfire
- Address: Bolton Abbey, Skipton BD23 6AL
- Phone: 01756 718000
- Gates open at 5pm, bonfire lit at 6pm and fireworks from 6:45pm.
- Price: £10 adults, £7.50 children (four and over).
Set in a stunning location by the river and the ruins of the priory, there will be entertainment from fire eaters and fairground rides. Catering vans will provide a range of hot food and soft and alcoholic drinks.
Ilkley Cricket Club
- Address: 3 Middleton Ave, Ilkley LS29 0AD
- Phone: 01943 607269
- Price: Free
There aren’t many details at the moment about the event at Ilkley Cricket Club, which also hosts regular car boot sales throughout the summer. Check back closer to the time.
Riverside Hotel, Ilkley
- Address: Riverside Gardens, Bridge Lane, Ilkley LS29 9EU
- Phone: 01943 607338
- Gates open and bonfire lit at 6pm, fireworks at 7pm.
- Price: Free
Food and drinks are available on the night, to help you keep warm.
If you have any other bonfires and firework displays near Ilkley to add, let us know using the comments below.
Local Connections to Fireworks Night
Fireworks Night is held in commemoration of the halting of the 1605 gunpowder plot. One of the ringleaders of the attempt to blow up parliament was Guy Fawkes, who was raised fairly near to LS29. Fawkes was born in York and grew up in Scotton, Harrogate. It’s thought that his headmaster, John Pulleyn could have been instrumental in him becoming Catholic, which would later see him go on to attempt to bring down the Protestant King James I. Pulleyn was from Blubberhouses, just across the valley from LS29.