Canny shoppers know you can find some bargains at your local car boot. One person’s junk is another’s treasure and there is a real sense of achievement when you unearth something just right. There are a host of car boot sales near Ilkley and you can find out more about them here.
Car Boot Sales Near Ilkley – Map
Ilkley Car Boot Details
Burley-in Wharfedale Cricket Club Car Boot
- Address: Grange Rd, Burley in Wharfedale, Ilkley LS29 7HG
- Next Event: NO EVENTS IN 2018 – Potentially returns in 2019.
Raising money for the Burley Cricket Club, there are events on four or five Sundays (or Bank Holiday Mondays) throughout the year. You’ll find one or two professional traders in evidence, but it’s generally regular pitch holders, with a friendly atmosphere. Food, including bacon sandwiches, and drinks are served in the bar.
Ilkley Cricket Club Car Boot
- Address: Middleton Avenue, Ilkley, West Yorkshire, LS29 0AD.
- Next Event: Sunday 23rd September – ***CANCELLED***
- Trader Prices: Cars £10, cars parked side on: £12, vans £12-15 depending on size.
- Buyer Prices: On foot 50p, car with one person 50p, car with more than one person £1, children free.
With the aim of funding maintenance of the clubhouse, changing rooms and the pitch, this sale takes place on six Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays throughout the summer. There’s a mix of traders and regular punters and there are always a huge selection of stalls to browse. Refreshments available.
Ilkley Grammar School PTA Car Boot
- Address: Ilkley Grammar School Playing Fields, Leeds Road, Ben Rhydding, Ilkley LS29 8AW
- Next Event: Sunday 16th September. Gates open from 7:30am.
- Trader Prices: Normal pitch £10, large pitch £15.
- Buyer Prices: Parking costs £1 per vehicle.
The Ilkley Grammar School put on four car boots a year at the playing fields at Ben Rhydding. You can buy hot drinks and bacon sandwiches as you take a look around the sales, which boost the school’s coffers by thousands of pounds each year.
Leeds Bradford Airport Car Boot
- Address: Leeds Bradford Airport, Whitehouse Ln, Yeadon, Leeds LS19 7TU
- Next Event: Every Sunday until October, gates open 7am.
- Trader Prices: Cars £10, vans £15, trailers cost an additional £2.50.
- Buyer Prices: £1 per adult.
This is a very busy car boot, with a large number of traders amongst the regular sellers. Alongside the regular car boot fare, there are fruit and veg stalls, plant sellers and more, giving this more of a market feel at times.
Otley Car Boot Sale
- Address: Wharfedale Farmers Auction Mart, Leeds Road, Otley LS21 3BD
- Next Event: Every Sunday (year round), gates open 10am for traders and noon for buyers.
- Trader Prices: Cars £14, Vans £16, trailers cost an additional £4.
- Buyer Prices: Early pass £5, entry after midday £1, children free.
This sale is another with a market-type vibe, due to the large number of professional traders. Thanks to its concrete floor, it can take place all year round, without the fear of waterlogging that haunts most car boots. Those seeking the best bargains can pay £5 for earlybird access from 10am, before the hoards descend at noon.
Pannal Car Boot Sale
- Address: Harrogate Road, Pannal HG3 1JE
- Next Event: Every Sunday until October, gates open for sellers at 6am.
- Trader Prices: Cars £10, Vans £12, trailers cost an additional £2.
- Buyer Prices: £1 per adult, children free.
Just over the border in North Yorkshire, Pannal car boot is a sprawling sale conveniently placed just off the A61/A658. It runs on Sunday mornings between March and October.
Silsden Car Boot Sale
- Address: Riverside Field, Keighley Road, Silsden BD20 0EH
- Next Event: None more in 2018. Returns in 2019.
- Trader Prices: Cars £10, Vans £15.
Nestled in the Aire Valley, Silsden car boot runs on selected Sundays through the year and is mainly individual sellers, with just a couple of traders.
The Best Thing Sold at a Car Boot Sale Near Ilkley
While we’re on the car boot theme, here’s the best item I’ve ever seen at a sale:
Genuinely, who bought a picture of a police investigation operation in the first place, let alone then thought someone else might like to buy it off them? Baffling, but amazing.
Do you visit car boot sales near Ilkley? Which is your favourite? What’s your best bargain? Tell us in the comments.