Vintage shopping is a big deal nowadays. In a world where it’s impossible to tell one high street from another, vintage offers a chance to be different. Many people prefer to buy clothing and furniture from a bygone age, thanks to the classic designs and quality. There’s also a big market for glorious kitsch, too. Thankfully, this part of Yorkshire is well-served for retro shopping options. Find out more about vintage shopping near Ilkley here.
Vintage Shopping Near Ilkley – Map
Vintage Shops and Fairs
Ilkley Playhouse Vintage Fair
- Address: Weston Road, Ilkley, LS29 8DW
- Phone: 01943 609539
- Next Fair: Saturday 27th October, 10am – 4pm
- Entry Fee: £1 (under 16s free)
The Ilkley Playhouse Vintage Fair takes place twice a year, in spring and autumn. Run by Burley-in-Wharfedale company Alfie Robot Retro, 20 stalls selling homeware, fashion and more from the 20s to the 80s take over the entire theatre between 10am and 4pm. There is also spectacular cake in the tearoom.
Here’s a video to give you a flavour:
Burley-in-Wharfedale Vintage Fair
- Address: Queen’s Hall, Main Street, Burley-in-Wharfedale, LS29 7BT
Also run by Alfie Robot Retro, this fair is an annual event as part of Burley Summer Festival. Next year’s fair takes place in August and runs from 11am till 4pm. Entrance is free and you’ll find a host of stalls selling clothes, accessories, homeware, furniture and more.
Saltaire Vintage Fair
- Address: Victoria Hall, Victoria Rd, Saltaire, Shipley BD18 3JS
- Phone: 01274 327305
- 2018 Dates: Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th June, Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th September, Saturday 1st December
- Entry Fee: £3 (£2 concessions) on the door, £2 in advance. Under 16s free.
The beautiful Victoria Hall is the setting for the Saltaire Vintage Fair, hosted by Rose & Brown. They happen every couple of months and you can find everything from clothing and home items to jewellery and records on sale. There are also craft stalls, with items made using genuine vintage materials.
Saltaire Vintage Shop
- Address: 16 Victoria Rd, Shipley BD18 3LQ
- Phone: 07756 557129
- Opening Times: 10:30am – 5pm every day except Monday.
Offering an always-intriguing mix of vintage stock from four different traders, Saltaire Vintage Shop is definitely worth a browse. You will always find some treasure.
Vintage-Beau at Studio 4
- Address: Belmont Business Centre, 7 Burnett Street, Little Germany, Bradford BD1 5BJ
- Phone: 07931300779
- Email: email@example.com
Trudy from Vintage-Beau sells vintage across the country at fairs, but now she has her own studio in Little Germany in Bradford. You can book an appointment to browse her fantastic range of vintage fashion, shoes, accessories, homeware, textiles and collectables, enquire about styling advice and attend a host of events.
Harrogate Vintage Trail
- Address: Start at Space, 1 The Ginnel, Harrogate HG1 2RB
- Phone: 01423 709941
- Space Opening Times: 9am – 5:30pm (Monday to Saturday) 10:30am – 4:30pm (Sunday)
Space is a great place to lose yourself for a couple of hours. It’s a cavernous venue, filled with clothes, furniture, lighting and plenty more. There’s Major Tom’s Social above for drinks and food, and a host of other vintage traders in the local area, who have come together to promote the Harrogate Vintage Trail. Start off at Space and pick up a handy map to find the rest of the treasures around the town.
More Vintage Shopping Near Ilkley
Do you know of other opportunities for vintage shopping near Ilkley? Where do you pick up your retro goodies? Leave a comment below.