Christmas is on the way and Father Christmas is warming up for his annual gift run. However, in the run-up to his big day, he’ll be popping up in LS29 and the surrounding area. If your kids are bursting with excitement to meet the man in red, take a look at this guide to where to meet Santa near Ilkley.
Where to Meet Santa Near Ilkley – Map
Ilkley and Area Santa’s Grotto and Father Christmas Locations
Addingham Primary School
- Sunday 3rd December from 2pm – 4pm.
- Address: Bolton Road, Addingham LS29 0NR.
Addingham Primary School’s Christmas Fayre features Santa in his grotto, as well as tombolas, a raffle, cakes and local traders.
- Weekends in December, and all week Monday 18th to 23rd, from 9:30am – 4pm.
- Bolton Abbey, Skipton BD23 6EX.
Father Christmas and his elves are setting up shop in Strid Wood. You can visit them in their Romany caravan surrounded by a beautiful woodland setting, but you need to book in advance. Each child costs £12 and they will receive a gift from the man himself. You will still have to pay the £10 parking charge if arriving by car.
Burley Oaks Primary School
- Saturday 9th December from 10am – 12pm.
- Address: Langford Lane, Burley-in-Wharfedale LS29 7EJ.
There are stalls, tombolas, an elves’ workshop at the Christmas Fair and you can meet Santa and his real reindeer for £5, which includes a hot chocolate and food for Rudolph and chums.
Burley Woodhead C of E Primary School
- Saturday 2nd December from 11am – 1pm
- Address: Sandholme Drive, Burley-in-Wharfedale LS29 7RQ.
A Christmas Fair featuring a raffle, tombolas, cake stall and Santa’s grotto. Entry to the fair is free.
Craiglands Hotel, Ilkley
- Sundays 10th, 17th and 24th December from 12pm.
- Address: Cowpasture Rd, Ilkley LS29 8RQ.
There’s a special three-course Sunday carvery at the Craiglands this December. The hotel is laying on entertainment and Father Christmas will turn up to give each child a present. the adult menu is £17.95, kids cost £7.50, whilst a family meal (two adults and two children) is £40. Call 01943 430001 to book.
Dan’s Den, Ilkley
- Saturday 23rd December from 9:30am – 12:30
- Address: Christchurch, The Grove, Ilkley LS29 9LW.
Kids can enjoy breakfast with Santa at Dan’s Den soft play centre from 10:15am, although the venue is open from 9:30am. Tickets cost £7.50 per child and are on sale now.
Embsay and Bolton Abbey Steam Railway
- Saturdays and Sundays through December, plus Tuesday 12th and Friday 22nd, setting off from 10:30am – 3pm.
- Evening trains on Saturdays 16th and 23rd December at 6:30pm.
- Address: Bolton Abbey Railway Station, Skipton BD23 6AF
- Phone: 01756 710614.
Santa’s Specials run from Bolton Abbey station four times a day, five times when there is an evening service. Santa will be on board, meeting the children, and there will be mince pies and mulled wine (cordial for the kids). Adult tickets are £15, as are three to 15-year-olds, who receive a gift. It’s £8 for under threes, who also get a present. Booking is essential.
Ilkley Round Table
Once again, Ilkley Round Table will help out Santa as he makes his way around the area in his float in December. You won’t be able to miss the jolly Christmas tunes and bright lights that mark this fun annual event, but here’s the schedule anyway:
- Sunday 10th December from 4pm – Route around Addingham.
- Monday 11th December from 6pm – Route along Valley Drive, Ilkley and side roads.
- Tuesday 12th December from 6pm – Route around Ilkley town centre.
- Wednesday 13th December 6pm – 9pm – Burley-in-Wharfedale – Sun Lane, Mansfield Road, Wrexham Road, Greenhow Park, Hall Drive, Southfield Road, Copse, Langford Road, West View, Aireville Terrace.
- Thursday 14th December 6pm – 9pm – Burley-in-Wharfedale – Midgley Road, Manse Road, Station Road, Long Meadows Estate, Main Street, Wellfield Road.
- Friday 15th December from 6pm – Route around Ben Rhydding.
- Sunday 17th December from 4pm – Route along Dale View, Ilkley and side roads.
- Sunday 17th December 4:30pm – 8pm – Burley-in-Wharfedale – Endor Crescent, Holme Grove, Sandholme Drive, Prospect Road, St Michaels, Halsey Road, St Philip’s Way, Fenton Street, Lawn Avenue, Grangefield Avenue
- Monday 18th December 6pm – 9pm – Menston – Upper part of the village.
- Tuesday 19th December 6pm – 9pm Menston – Lower part of the village
Kids can come out and say hello to Father Christmas as he travels the streets, and volunteers collect for charity. Last year, generous residents of LS29 donated £2,845.
Keighley and Worth Valley Steam Railway
- Saturdays and Sundays until Christmas. Trains from 10:25am – 3:35pm (from Haworth).
- The Railway Station, Station Road, Haworth BD22 8NJ.
- Phone: 01535 645214.
The Keighley and Worth Valley Steam Railway Santa Specials are back for 2017, but availability is limited. There’s entertainment on the trains, including Scrooge and Santa, with mince pies and sherry (plus a child-friendly option) available. Father Christmas gives out gifts and there is much singing and jollity. Take a look at this video to find out more:
Stephen Smith’s Garden Centre, Otley
- Every Saturday and Sunday until the 24th December, 10am – 4pm.
- Address: Pool Road, Otley LS21 1DY.
- Phone: 01943 850050.
In association with the local Lions Clubs, Santa’s Grotto is open at Stephen Smith’s Garden Centre in Otley every weekend until the big day. It costs £6 per child, with half the entry cost going directly to charity. For the price, kids meet Saint Nick and receive a gift and badge.
Where to Meet Santa Near Ilkley – Any More?
Are you in with the big man? Do you know somewhere around LS29 and beyond that is hosting Father Christmas this Yuletide? Tell us all where to meet Santa near Ilkley in the Comments and I’ll add it to the list and map.